Top 5 Healthy Snacking Ideas For Kids
Are you struggling with creative and healthy snack ideas for your kiddos? Look no further, we are here to help share fun ideas and motivate you during this tedious time inside!
We know feeding your kids is practically a full-time job, let alone making sure they’re getting enough of the essential nutrients for proper development and growth.
That’s why we’ve come up with these top five snacking ideas that are creative and check off all the important food groups to help nourish your little ones!
HERBALAND'S GOOD NEWS GUMMIES
1. Herbaland’s Good News Gummies: our clean candy alternative will trick your little monsters into thinking they’re indulging in a sweet treat! This is an easy snack that requires no preparation, making them the perfect on-the-go, or anytime snack.
Not only will these gummies keep them happy, but they will keep their bellies full too! Each bag contains a whopping 15 grams of fiber and only 2 grams of sugar! Offered in three all-natural and tasty flavors: blueberry, raspberry and peach to satisfy any little sweet tooth. Oh, and the best part, they’re 100% vegan, derived from natural fruit pectin!
APPLES AND NUT BUTTER
2. Apples & Nut Butter 2.0: move over plain old apples and peanut butter, a new creative recipe has been making a buzz around town and it is oh so tasty! A next level apple sandwich: using sliced apples (or pears, you can get creative), nut butter of choice, granola, chia seeds and dark chocolate chips -- yum.
The best part is you can modify this recipe to your child's liking/dietary preference. For example, swap granola for oats, chocolate chips for nuts or raisins or try adding a drizzle of organic maple syrup for extra sweetness. The options are endless, so get creative and enjoy a healthy, satiating snack great for you and your little ones!
BAKED FRUIT OR VEGGIE CHIPS
3. Baked Fruit or Veggie Chips: the perfect after school snack! Another clean idea that’s full of vital nutrients, is affordable and easy to make. Try getting your kids involved to keep them occupied and teach them about the importance of eating their fruits and vegetables. Here’s how:
- Choose your star ingredient: apples, bananas, sweet potato, zucchini, kale, carrots, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 200F and line a baking sheet in coconut oil.
- Thinly slice and core (if needed) your fruit or vegetable of choice (consistently) and place on lined baking sheet.
- Pick a seasoning: cinnamon, honey, salt and vinegar, paprika, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, italian seasoning, chili powder, lemon juice, etc. and sprinkle over top.
- For root vegetables chips: bake for 30 mins, increase temp to 220F and bake for additional 30 mins.
- For leafy green vegetable chips: bake for 45 mins or until golden and crispy, be sure to rotate baking sheet halfway through cooking.
- For fruit chips: increase temperature to 225F and bake for 1 hour, turn fruit over and bake for additional hour or until crispy.
- *Note: keep an eye on your chips as they can burn quickly!
PROTEIN PACKED DIP
4. Protein Packed Dip: all you need is three ingredients: nut butter, your choice of yogurt and raw honey or maple syrup. Use equal parts nut butter to yogurt, a drizzle of sweetener then mix, mix, mix and dip with your favorite fruit and veggies. This recipe is delicious, packed with probiotics and protein to help with digestion and keep them satiated. Ps. this recipe is highly addictive, you may not have any leftovers for the kids once you get your hands on it!
CELERY SNAILS AND CATERPILLARS
5. Celery Snails & Caterpillars: this super cute recipe will keep your kids busy and boost their creativity, while giving them something nutritious to snack on.
- Ingredients: celery stalks, nut butter of choice and/or vegan cream cheese, nuts: cashews, or almonds, etc. seeds: chia, hemp, or flax. veggies: sliced cucumber, grape tomatoes. fruit: sliced apples, sliced oranges, grapes and blueberries.
- For the caterpillars: fill the celery with nut butter or vegan cream cheese and make the head out of grape tomatoes or grapes, then use the blueberries or more grapes and tomatoes, nuts and seeds to decorate the body.
- For the snails: fill the celery with nut butter or vegan cream cheese and make the head out of grape tomatoes or grapes, then use the sliced apple, orange, or cucumber, etc. as the shell of the snail and top with nuts, seeds, raisins, chocolate chips, etc. – go wild!
There you have it! Five of our favorite healthy snacking ideas that are perfect for the kids and won’t break the bank. They are so yummy, you might just make some extra for yourself too.