Back to school season is here! The new start of the school year can be exciting, but also overwhelming at the same time. As summer comes to an end, crowds of students are preparing to head back to the classroom. Reduce the stress that comes with getting ready for back to school and make the transition smooth with three simple tips!
1. Set a Bedtime Routine
Getting enough sleep each night is vital for growing children and even for adults! High quality, adequate sleep will have you feeling refreshed in the morning and will help with attention and focus during the day.
Sleep guidelines and recommendations:
- Children aged 5-13 should receive 9-11 hours of sleep each night.
- Children aged 14-17 should receive 8-10 hours of sleep each night
- Adults 18 and over should receive 7-9 hours of sleep each night
Consistency is key to ensuring high quality sleep and rest. Establishing a bedtime routine is a helpful way to wind down and make getting ready for bed easy and relaxing. Examples of calming activities that can be incorporated into your routine include, listening to calm music, reading a book, etc.
2. Create a Calendar
The rush of going back to school can quickly become overwhelming with new events and activities. Creating a calendar with important dates and notes is a helpful way to keep track of any events, activities or commitments that are coming up. Whether it is a calendar for yourself or a calendar for the whole family, having everything in a centralized spot will help with time management and organization.
3. Establish Healthy Habits
Stay active and healthy for the new school year by incorporating exercise, balanced meals, essential vitamins, etc. into your daily routine! There are many benefits to establishing healthy habits into your lifestyle, including chronic disease prevention, stress reduction, and improved mood and energy.
For example, taking a daily multivitamin (as an adult or kid!) is extremely beneficial to get all the essential vitamins and minerals as well as obtain nutrients that are hard to get through food, such as Vitamin D.
Herbaland has created several back to school bundles to make establishing healthy habits and routines easy and straightforward.
- Our Adult’s and Kid’s Back to School Essentials Bundle includes the essential everyday vitamins
- The Kid’s Back to School Immunity Bundle features immune-boosting gummies to help maintain healthy immune systems.
- Our Back to School Snack Bundle includes healthy, low-sugar snacks that are delicious, nutritious and convenient!