Easy to Make Passionflower Moon Milk
A Relaxing New Year Recipe from our in-house Nutritionist Lin Ivey:
Moon milks are a great addition to any evening routine – especially during seasonal switches. With temperature fluctuations and changing sunlight hours it is no wonder some of us aren’t getting restful zzz’s.
This herbal brew will combat insomnia, nervousness, anxiety, a racing mind and those many light sleepers suffering out there! It's time to get your relaxation on!
Another great way to improve to improve sleep quality is to use a natural supplement such as our Sleep Plus Gummies for Adults that are sugar-free and formulated with powerful ingredients such as L-theanine, Vitamin B6 and Lemon Balm Extract.
- Ayurvedic herb used for +2,500 years
- Nightshade family
- Apoptogenic – promotes adrenals and thyroid function
- Relaxes the central nervous system
- Dates back to the Aztecs!
- Relaxing to the nervous system
- Herbal sedative
From the Cupboard:
- 2-3tsp dried passionflower (aerials)
- ½ - 1tsp ashwagandha (powder)
- 6-8oz boiling water (filtered)
- 1tsp manuka honey (or stevia)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (organic)
- 2-4oz nut milk (oat is tasty)
Making your Bedtime Brew:
1) Infuse passionflower in 6-8oz of boiling water for 10 or more minutes
2) Strain petals from infusion into your blender
3) Add ashwagandha powder, sweetener of choice and 2 oz of milk base
4) Blend on high for 30 seconds
5) Pour, Sip, Zzz
- I leave the petals in my moon milk because I enjoy all parts of the herb, but this is by no means necessary! Your water base will have plenty infusion to whisk you off to sleep!
- Chamomile or lavender buds are a great sleepy time addition to your herbal infusion!