Say Hello to Vitamin B12! Arguably one of the most vital nutrients to humans as it is required for the metabolism of every cell in the body. Vitamin B12 is a common nutrient lacking in vegan diets as plant-based foods don’t provide enough B12 in a readily available form that humans can absorb. Therefore, adequate vitamin B12 intake is such a huge concern for vegans. As this vital nutrient is essential to overall health and wellbeing, we highly recommend taking a Vegan B12 Supplement to ensure you meet the minimum daily requirements when following a vegan diet.
Why Do We Need B12?
This water-soluble vitamin is essential to us, meaning the body cannot produce it by itself and therefore has to be obtained through the diet. In addition, B12 is needed for healthy bodily processes like helping us make red blood cells and DNA. Unfortunately, vegan diets don’t provide a wide-variety of absorbable plant-based B12 sources, which is why we recommend a Vegan B12 supplement like Herbaland’s D3 & B12 Gummies. Although B12 is primarily found in animal products and animal by-products, there are some vegan sources, such as B12 fortified packaged foods (read your labels), dairy-free milks, fortified soy, tempeh, nutritional yeast, chlorella, cremini mushroom, and nori seaweed. B12 deficiencies are very common amongst vegans and can be detrimental to your health if not maintained.
B12 Deficiency Can Lead to..
- Poor concentration
- Hair loss
- Low energy
Thankfully vitamin deficiencies like B12 aren’t permanent and can easily be supplemented through a Vegan B12 supplement and proper dieting.
Common Symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency:
- Loss of appetite
- Swollen tongue
- Decreased cognitive function
Not All B12 Supplements are Vegan
That’s right! It’s important to note that not all supplements are vegan or created equally, hence why it is so beneficial to do your research before choosing a brand to ensure you resonate with the company and quality of their products. The good news is, we’ve made that decision easy for you! At Herbaland we guarantee the quality and effectiveness of each and every gummy, so you can set aside your worries and focus on the good stuff! Our core value is inclusivity, meaning we can ensure that our supplements are formulated using only the best vegan, allergen friendly and non-gmo ingredients that are effective and safe for the whole family to enjoy!
- B12 is a critical vitamin that is necessary for the metabolism of every single cell in the body
- B12 deficiency can lead to issues, such as anxiety, poor concentration and hair loss
- B12 is primarily found in animal products and animal by-products hence why adequate intake is such a concern for vegans
- Some B12 can be obtained through a vegan diet, however it may not be sufficient enough to meet the minimum daily requirements
- A vegan B12 supplement like our D3 & B12 Gummies with the addition of consuming B12 fortified foods is strongly recommended for optimal health, happiness, and wellbeing when following a vegan based diet