Herbaland Foodie: Mint Chocolate Tart
April 5 2019·
April 5 2019·
This recipe from our friend and vegan-baking-guru Connie Leung is sure to turn your friday into an instant FriYAY!
SILKY MINT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE TART
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 scoop Botanica Chocolate Perfect Protein
- 12 Everland dates
- 1 Tbsp cacao (optional - add for a more chocolate-y flavor)
- 1 cup almond mylk
- 1 cup Morinu firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/4 tsp spirulina
- 3 Tbsp stevia powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- For the base, soak the dates in hot water until soften (this will be your "date water"). In a food processor, combine the dates, quick oats, chocolate protein powder, and cacao (if using). Add enough of the date water and process until it gets sticky and press into a pan. Put in the freezer while preparing the filling
- For the filling, blend all the ingredients together until no there are no chunks left
- Pour the filling into the base and place in the fridge to allow it to set - at least 2 hours
- Process the base ingredients until it reaches the sticky consistency - over processing it makes it too smooth - you want chunks!
- Morinu is a shelf stable tofu - regular tofu you find in the fridge has an extremely high water content and not ideal in making desserts
- Adjust the amount of spirulina. Different brands result in different shades of green - start little by little!!