Herbaland Foodie: GF Strawberry Balsamic Breakfast Bars
June 7 2019·
June 7 2019·
This amazing recipe for Gluten-Free Stawberry Balsamic Breakfast bars is almost guaranteed to make your mornings a little brighter. Plus, did we mention that they are plant-based, too? Recipe courtesy of Connie Leung.
- 2 flax egg (2T ground flax mixed w 6T water)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy mylk
- Preheat the oven to 375F and make the flax egg and set it aside to let it thicken
- In a bowl, combine brown rice flour, cornmeal, baking powder, xanthan gum, sea salt and coconut palm sugar
- In a separate bowl, combine banana, non-dairy mylk and flax egg
- Add the wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine
- Gently fold in half the strawberries - Save a few to put on top
- Pour the batter into a sheet pan and place the remaining strawberries on top
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let it cool for at least 20 minutes before removing and drizzle it w balsamic if desired
- I like to rebake the slice of breakfast bar for 15 minutes @350F - It gives it a crunchy exterior but the inside is still soft and fluffy!
- You can substitute the unsweetened non-dairy mylk for regular non-dairy mylk - simply deduct some of the coconut palm sugar!