These tasty, easy cauli' tots are sure to be a hit for your next family dinner! What an awesome way to take a kid classic and upgrade it with healthy, wholesome ingredients!
Thanks to our dear friend @Conniekyleung for providing us with this fantastic recipe!
- 2 cups cauliflower · 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 garlic
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 cup GF panko
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast/vegan Parmesan
- to taste salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- In a large pan on high heat, add 1/2 cup of water
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor until it has the consistency of rice
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and cook until all the water is absorbed and vegetable is tender
- Add the nutritional yeast/parmesan, GF panko and salt & pepper
- Add the flax egg and mix
- Using a small cookie scoop, shape into tater tots and roll them in more panko
- Preheat the oven to 400F - Spray the cookie sheet, add the breaded tater tots and spray the tops lightly w a bit more cooking spray
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden
- spraying the tater tots with cooking spray gives it that nice "fried" touch
- if you do not have GF panko, you can use GF breadcrumbs
- feel free to add additional spices/herbs for seasoning: green onions, curry ketchup, etc.