Chai Spiced Apple Cider Donuts Recipe
Say hello to the most perfect treat for the holiday season! Check out this amazing apple cider donut recipe from our fav nutritionist Michell from Find Wellness. She is back with another fantastic recipe to keep the festive spirit alive all winter long! Enjoy some tasty Fruit & Veg Fiber Gummies on the side from our new Limited Edition Holiday Box!
- 1 3/4 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cup buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Lakanto powdered sugar or icing sugar
- 1/8 cup apple cider
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Mix all the first 5 ingredients in a bowl, let it sit 5 mins so the flax can gel up a bit.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Now slowly pour the dry into the wet mixture mixing as you do.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 12 small donut molds. Approx. 3 inches across in size. If using a different size mold, bake times will vary.
- Bake for 18 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Add to a bowl 2 tbsp melted coconut oil and the powdered sugar. (use Lakanto for a low sugar option)
- Beat /mix well.
- While mixing add in the apple cider.
- Mix well.
- Spread on top of cooled donuts for more of an icing or a warm donut for more of a glaze, as it will melt.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
You can check out more amazing recipes and blog content from the Herbaland Team here!