With schools and extracurricular activities back in session, keeping your kids immune system functioning on high is more important than ever! Help support a strong immune system with these 5 tips.
Sleep is the cornerstone of proper immune function and one of the best ways to keep your kids healthy
- Avoid letting them use devices 2 hours before bed (TV, laptops, tablets, phones, etc.)
- Make sure the room is pitch black by eliminating all external sources of light
- Keep the room temperature cool to facilitate the natural drop in body temperature
Being physically active is important at any age, but daily moderate activity helps to support a strong immune system. Get them outside and get them playing!
Focus on whole foods
Rather than giving your kids the pre-packaged, sugar-filled foods that suppress immune function, try to opt for whole foods in their most natural form! They’re filled with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other compounds that support a healthy immune system.
Get some sunshine
Vitamin D is a critical nutrient for immune function, so don’t be afraid to let your kids get outside. Not only is the fresh air good for them, but the sun synthesizes vitamin D, which is an important component for proper immune responses.
Ensure they’re getting the nutrients their body needs to thrive by supplementing with Herbaland’s kids’ gummies!
- Immune Boost - A powerful combination of vitamin C, zinc, elderberry, and echinacea to support a healthy immune system
- Multivitamin - 13 essential vitamins and minerals to support full-body function and proper growth and development
- Vegan Omega-3 - Supports health of the brain, heart, eyes, and entire body
- Calcium & D3 - Helps support the development of healthy bones and teeth, immune function, and proper growth and development
- Fruit & Veg Fiber - A rich source of fiber to promote healthy digestion and elimination